- Build elegant presentations for donors, supporters, events and campaigns
- Create unique and thoughtful design solutions for our external and internal needs
- Layout data heavy reports, briefing papers, and fact-sheets utilizing pre existing and new templates.
- Design content across multiple channels (web, print, email campaigns, social media)
- Collaborate and interact with a team who are passionate about social justice issues
- Other duties as assigned.
- A strong portfolio displaying a wide diversity of print and graphic design work
- A knowledge and understanding of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign (Basic knowledge of Pages, Keynote, HTML/CSS a plus)
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- A genuine interest and motivation to learn and grow as a designer
- A passion for designing beautiful and thoughtful experiences
- You’re agile and pragmatic: you like getting things done, are disciplined about time management, and consider yourself a remover of obstacles.
- You can find the root cause of problems: you enjoy not just addressing the immediate issue, but tracking down and resolving the underlying source of the problem.
- You are self-motivated: you see something that can be improved, and you don’t wait for permission to fix it.
- You hold your weight on a small team that handles a lot: we’re a small and efficient staff; because of our size, every person plays an essential role in the organization.
- You communicate well: you can articulate issues to team members and clearly convey how your solutions will work to address the issues we face.
Our internships last between 3-6 months. We’ll need you for 20 hours a week. You can work remotely.
This is an unpaid internship – but is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience at an international non-profit with an ambitious mission. We will gladly work with your institution to give you academic credit for your experience.